Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What a nice idea for a Holiday
















This was fun jamming with Robert Keenan (a real ligit musician look for him on itunes, Dave's Uncle)



















Your friendly neighborhood spiderman.
























































Thanksgiving this year was wonderful. We journeyed to Phoenix with our little fam, 13.5 hours to get there, 11.5 to get back. I was really worried about the traveling part of the weekend but it went really well. We woke up a 4:00am each time to hit the road early, hoping the kids would fall asleep for a couple hours of the trip. When they weren't falling asleep I was worried my plan would backfire and they would be even more cranky then normal. Luckily they did fall asleep and we had a couple hours of peace in the car. I loved the drive. I was excited to take Hwy 89, having never been on it and loved seeing all the little towns and dramatic changing landscape. Ever since we went to Zions Park last Spring I've been really enjoying watching the landscape change in our car trips. I even really like the drive to Las Vegas. David hadn't seen many of his cousins for over 10 years, so needless to say I didn't know who they were. We had a great time, fun trip to the large Phoenix Zoo, nice afternoon at a cool train park, and I even got to see my brother Ben and family. I really liked Phoenix. Every year I say that I'm thankful for my family, thats always the first thing to come to mind, so I've been trying to think of what else I am the most thankful for. It just comes down to all the simple things, to be alive, a happy home, the smiles on my boys faces.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun holiday!
Your blog is so positive and happy--thanks for being so uplifting!