Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007







Fun Christmas! We had a great weekend. Church was nice on Sunday. Monday we had a fun family day in Salt Lake City. We spent the night at my parents on Christmas Eve, acted out the Nativity, and Christmas morning ran upstairs to see if Santa thought that we were good girls and boys. Josh was a great boy! He got an easel and a sled and lots of games that him and his mom can play together. Ammon got playdough, animal toys, baby toys. Dave got movies galore, a boomarang, a flashlight. But I think Angela had been the best of all because she got a Bosch mixer, and an electric wheat grinder, and a solar oven (these gifts might sound a little weird but she was excited and surprised by all of them). It was such a fun weekend, so great to have Dave home for a few days with the boys, and so much to look forward to and enjoy.
On Christmas Eve we went up to Salt Lake City, walked around Temple Square, and drove through all the old neighborhoods. One of Dave and my favorite hobbies to do together is to look at old homes, and what makes them so cool and unique. Some day we are going to build or restore one together. We can talk about it endlessly, and we even wake up on Saturday mornings to watch our favorite home shows together. Fun hobby.
Since then I've been packing up old toys, organizing new toys, and playing lots of games with Josh. I heard that Christmas is the time of year that the most of the world is thinking of others and trying to do nice things for them. I realized this year how fun and important it is to think of others and how nice it is when you are thought of. Merry Christmas again everybody!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great one! I got a Bosch mixer and am so excited about it too! I've got to hear about this solar oven though. That sounds really interesting! glad you were surprised--that is awesome!

Sara said...

I also love looking at old homes. They have so much character.

The Webbs said...

I love that house! It looks like you had a great Christmas. We were blessed to enjoy family this Christmas too.