Friday, December 21, 2007

mormon.org



I read a great article by a leader in our church, Elder Ballard, urging us to share our beliefs over, “…blogs and other forms of “new media” to contribute to a national conversation about the Church.” I thought that was a great idea! I know that “Mormons”, are in the media a lot lately and thought I should explain why I love this church that seems so different.

I was born into this religion but very much wanted to know for myself if it was true. I found great comfort in the fact that we were always very encouraged to pray for ourselves and do our own studying to come to our own decision. I did this, and although I didn’t realize it at the time my prayers were being answered. I began to simply notice that when I was trying to study the scriptures, treat others as the Savior would, be clean and have faith that my life was so happy, so happy. If I wasn’t so diligent and let myself focus on me and what was fun at the time I just felt empty, like something was definitely missing. I took this as my answer that the things the church taught me were good. My life has only become fuller, and happier, as I’ve tried to live my religion more. It gives me answers to some many questions to why we are here. One of the promises that means the most to me is that Heavenly Father wants us to live with our families forever, and has provided a way to do so. My children and husband are the most valuable things I could ever have and it would break my heart if this life was the end of association.

I know that we have a God that loves us, as much as a Father loves his children. He wants us to be so happy. I believe that Jesus Christ directs this church in the things that it does. I know anybody can receive answers in the same way I did, just by experimenting, and trying for a time to live what this gospel teaches and you’ll know and see a difference in your life.

I could go on forever. There is a wonderful church website that you can look up answers to common questions, or even ask a question to a live person. Mormon.org (click here).

Please visit it and let me know what you think, or what questions you have.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Love, The Bragonjes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi La...you really know how to express yourself..I love your blog and I love the one about the church....I also love you!