Wednesday, February 13, 2008

two sickies

It's official. Josh's congestion has turned into a nasty ear infection. Now there are two of us on antibiotics in the house. Ammon has been so congested too but I don't think he is infected yet, and I'm hoping we won't be running to the doctor's tomorrow for another prescription. I'm almost finished with my antibiotics. I got a killer kidney infection last monday night. I thought I was going to..., no I wanted to die. I haven't been in that much pain since labor. I'm so thankful for all these great doctors close by who know just what to do. After taking some medicine I was feeling pretty great in less then 24 hours. I realized I forgot how terrible pain is until you are actually in it. When ever I'm in that much pain I can't stop thinking about what people did hundreds of years ago when there weren't many medicines and doctors. I feel so bad for them and there pain and they aren't even alive any more. I guess I'm just really grateful to live in this time period. It's funny because I kind of like natural remedies and just trying to eat the right things to help you feel better but when my kidney was under attack I just wanted what ever would make it go away the fastest, forget the health stuff.

While I was recovering, I watched a BYU devotional given by Elder Hafen. He spoke about a conversation he had with Elder Maxwell who had just been diagnosed with Leukemia. When Elder Maxwell found out about his Leukemia he realized that he should have seen it coming. He had been praying recently to filled even more with the charity, or real love that the Savior has for each of us. Elder Maxwell realized that he had asked for the Leukemia and it was an answer to his own prayer. It would help him have more compassion for so many more people who were going through the pains of cancer and other diseases. What an unbelievable man. They inspire me so much to be better.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a really neat story about Elder Maxwell. I'm gonna have to look that up! I am glad you are feeling better now. A kidney infection?! That sounds horrible! It is so hard to be sick when you are a mom. Love ya Ang!

Meggan said...

Sorry you guys are under the weather
Hopefully soon you will feel better

Heather said...

Sorry you were so sick! How miserable. I hope everyone is doing better!