Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V-Day

I feel like I'm always saying to myself, "what a nice idea for a holiday", whenever a holiday comes around. I too am a Valentines Day fan. I think its fun to think about all the couples everywhere doing nice things for each other and remembering how much they love each other. Usually Dave and I enjoy a fun night at home, but this year Dave's brother asked us if he could watch our kids for us on Valentines Day. !?! Dave's brother goes to BYU and likes to babysit our kids as a date. It's funny because his idea of a good date is to watch two wild little boys, and our idea of a good date is to run away from two wild little boys (cute, but wild). We had a great date, went to Magleby's for dinner (mine wasn't that great), shopped the cute Riverbottom shops, browsed the bookstore for a bit, and watched "Jumper". At the bookstore we got stopped by some creative daters doing a Valentines survey. The questions were:

1.Who is St. Valentines? (i thought that he chased rats out of a city so everyone loves him..., surprisingly I was wrong. I looked up the answer in the bookstore, ya I was really wrong. Dave got mad at me for giving such a bad answer.)

2.Not knowing who St. Valentines is, would you rather vote for him or Hillary in a Presidential Election? (Sorry Hill.)

3.Will you complete the poem, "Roses are red, violets are blue..."? Dave quickly said, "I am in this bookstore being interviewed by you. So romantic Dave, but much better then anything I could have come up with.

It was fun just being together and not having to chase little ones. Speaking of the little ones the babysitters had a great time too. What a great night.

Here are a few pics. Josh and I decorated on Valentines's Day and when I started hanging up the streamers he said, "Oh, good! It's going to be like Hawaii!!" (? I just laugh)


I was actually hoping for tulips this year. Dave was so cute and bought these flowers in the morning before work and left them in the car all day. They didn't make it into water for a long time and therefore were a little droopy. They did perk up after a few days just in time to die.




I was going to make Valentines with Josh for his preschool-mates (only 9) but he wasn't interested and my two little nieces were. They turned out kind of big so I just ended up putting them on the kitchen walls for decorations. Designs by Alisha.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun night! It is amazing how awesome it can be to get away just the two of you for a few hours of fun. Was thee movie good? The story about the tulips made me laugh--what a guy! I love tulips too!

Sara said...

Fun night! When we used to live in CA, we'd often go to Borders on a Friday night and browse around. Such a fun date night! :)