Saturday, March 15, 2008

Just try it

Here is a beauty trick you have to try. Years ago in Argentina I was surprised to see my great companion putting patroleum jelly on her face, every morning. Wouldn't you expect a major break out if you even let this stuff touch your face. Well my companion had great skin, no break outs. I had to ask her about it. She told me that one time she had asked a man in her ward, who worked in a lab for one of the big makeup brands, which skin moisturizer really was the best. He said it was plain old petroleum jelly. Nothing fancy, just really keeps the moisture in. I reluctantly started to try the stuff and my skin always looked great! Very moisturized, no fine wrinkles. After getting back to the states my mom had made an appointment for me to get a facial (RM's need a little help, especially girls). The estitician was great. I was excited and told her about my vaseline experiment and she did not think it was a good idea. She told me that the vaseline keeps any air from getting into whatever it's covering, that's why they use it after surgeries, etc. I had noticed that I had little white bumps on my checks, she told me this was called 'milia' and probably caused from the vaseline. I was sad, my trick didn't turn out to be so great. So I stopped for awhile, occasionally putting it under my eyes. And then recently I was reading a Reader's Digest article about things different celebrities can't live with out. Tyra Banks said she couldn't live without Vaseline! She said she swears by the stuff and puts it on in the corner of her eyes, her smile creases, and her elbows all the time. Yes, someone else that recognizes this great everyday product.
The other night I noticed how dry my eyes look (love this desert climate) and decided to put a little under my eyes again. I forgot about it, went to bed. Sometime the next morning I was washing my hands and looked up to the mirror and was surprised to see that my eye wrinkles were gone! I am always shocked at how well this works! So, you need to try it. Don't smear it all over your face, just your eyes. You'll thank me in the morning... or in 20 years.

7 comments:

Foxyboxy said...

I will be donning a Vaseline eye mask tonight for sure. :) Thanks for the tip.

D and C said...

I am TOTALLY going to try this. You are awesome, thanks for the tip!

Melissa said...

I had no idea---thanks for the tip!

JJ said...

I have been using Vaseline for the last 5 years to remove my eye makeup every single night. Everyone thought I was crazy but it's better than just about every remover out there and now, thanks to your information, maybe I'm also keeping the wrinkles from my eyes as well. If not, I'll be applying a mask this evening (an eye mask that is).

danielle said...

hi angela,

this is your old friend/roommate danielle cannon(mar). i found your blog by accident. you look great and your little family is so cute and your blog is so funny!
keep in touch,
danielle
daniellecannon@earthlink.net

The Webbs said...

Thank you for the beauty secret :) I use it to remove my eye make-up and put it on my lips at night, I had no idea you could use it over your entire face.

Sara said...

Hmmm, who would have thought! I have pretty dry skin so maybe i should give it a try! In Spain it was all about Olive oil. The sisters in one of the branches did a hand treatment on us using olive oil and never have my hands felt so soft!