Monday, March 3, 2008

Yuck...

....these are gross. Chocolate covered bananas. For some reason I always feel like I need to make a really fun dessert for FHE. Not the same chocolate cake and pumpkin chocolate cookies I always make for everything. So when I'm trying to rack my brain Monday afternoon for a good a treat I often think of a conversation I had years ago in Florida with Amy about making chocolate covered bananas for FHE and using bad chocolate or something because her kids didn't like them. I thought I might give it a go tonight... and I must have the same bad chocolate as Amy because they were yucky. Ammon liked them, I think he was the only one. So are they supposed to be frozen or something? Maybe I should have read up about them a little. I'm just glad I got that out of my system and never have to make them again. FHE was fun. Josh and I read simple scripture stories and David acted them out. Ammon ran around a little copying Dave. We played, Red Light Green Light, and I think Dave and I broke the couch. Ooops, at least I won, I think?

It's so cute to me how much Josh loves FHE. I've never see him clean up his toys so fast, with out even asking him to, as when we are getting ready to have FHE. The other week it was taking us a while to get to FHE after dinner and Josh had a big pile of books and his soccer ball on the rocking chair ready to share with us. He knows he gets our undivided attention each monday night, at least for a little while, and he is the happiest little boy while we all play together. He is always saying, "...lets put Ammon down to bed and then have FHE tonight. " I'm so glad we have this tradition.

4 comments:

JJ said...

My kids love FHE, too. And I love that they love it.

As far as the bananas go...they look beautiful. I have to admit that I have never had one but I always thought they were frozen chocolate bananas (I'm not sure that would make them any better, though). You're a great mom to have gone to all the trouble.

Heather said...

That is so great that your young kids love FHE. I'm sure it helps to watch Dave act anything out!
The bananas look delicious, but I'm sure they'd be better frozen. Shea's family always talks about eating frozen bananas at Disneyland. (I'm thinking that anything tastes good in Disneyland.) If you can sell them for $6...

Sara said...

They may have tasted bad but they look good!

I'm pretty lame when it comes to FHE. I always forget to make a treat.

Angela said...

Okay guys, I totally did not make the bananas in this picture. I snagged it off the internet. I would have taken a picture of my own...buy the camera was all the way out in the car. I agree these do look cute.