Dave has a new job! He starts next week. He will be working at Far West Bank in Payson, Ut. No we are not going to move there. He will commute for maybe up to a year. They will be training him in Payson to be a loan officer and he will change branches when that position opens up. We are excited and grateful for the job he has had up until now. He has learned a lot in his current job and it has fit into his schedule great but I know that he is ready to move on. I know we've been blessed with good employment during our married lives but Dave has never been 100% satisfied with his jobs until now. I feel like we've finally 'landed' and that he will be in this industry for a long time. I'm especially happy for him because he is the poor guy who has to go to work for us each day and I want for him to enjoy it and be excited about what he gets to do. I'm the lucky one who gets to stay at home and only do a little bit of work. Just kidding (read my post about Ammon below).
Our other excitement is a change in cars. We finally let the truck go, it was a good one but we just didn't need it anymore. Dave got it when we moved here and he had a need to drive out into the mud and dirt on work sites but after awhile his projects were starting to get paved roads and he would just drive the civic to work. And that's when the truck became my car. It was great and roomy, but probably not my choice of cars to shuttle the kids around in. I've noticed that I've been eying all the mini-vans in the grocery store parking lots and how their side doors just slide open so easily and kids get in and out on their own. That's what I'm finally ready for sliding doors...but it will have to wait for a bit because we've been offered a free car to drive for awhile. My grandma's Buick that has been sitting in my parents driveway for almost a year. My poor little grandma can't drive at all and is living with my parents. They have offered it to us several times and it's just too hard to pass up a free car.
No comments:
Post a Comment