Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Josh




This little boy is almost four years old. I drove him around our neighborhood today while he brought party invitations to a few boys in his Sunbeams class. He ran up to each door in his little batman cape (thank you Missy he still loves it) and I don't know what he would say at the door but he would be at the door for awhile. If they weren't answering he would dance around on the porch and make Ammon and me smile in the car. He's been talking about having a Batman birthday party for months. I was really trying to get out of it but I just can't let the little guy down. I called a costume rental store and asked if they had any adult male batman costumes (i'm going to make Dave dress up and make a special appearance) , they said yes, and thought I should specify that the adult male is 6'5'' and the man on the phone said to me, "that's not an adult size, that's a GIANT size." Us poor tall people. I guess I can't feel too sorry for us when I just bought a pair of high, high heels at a 'shoe party' tonight. Hey Heather, what size is Shea's Batman costume, or better yet we can just have Shea do the Batman cameo, just teasin'. Now Shea is going to avoid me for the 2 weeks until after Josh's party. Happy Birthday Josh, stop growing up now.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Did you take these pictures? They are so great! And you had better post those pictures of Dave in the batman costume!

I'm sad I missed the shoe party! I ended up having to babysit Chad's little brother.

Angela said...

Hey Sara, these pictures are easy. Put a chair, with a white poster board on the back of it, in front of a window, sit your kid down and take as many pictures as your kid will let you (about 5). Then just turn up the contrast :)

Heather said...

Great pictures.
About the costume. Remember when I told you Shea's brother wore it on a Harley? The cape and the Harley had a run in. We still have the costume, but it's a little small for Shea. I can only imagine it on Dave. For a 4-year-old birthday...not appropriate!

Dave said...

I was wondering about the pics too, I have been using sheets but they are always wrinkled a poster is a great idea. I have the pics you took in your photo class in my scrap book!
Chrystal

Heidi said...

I can't believe how much your boys have grown! Ammon was just a baby when you left, so I can't really tell how he's changed, but Josh--Wow! He is such a good combination of you and Dave. What great pictures.

Diana said...

La, I love the first on of Josh with his little eyes looking to the side. I can just hear his laugh after looking at the picture! So cute!