Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beautiful Yellowstone


Hike to Sheep Falls

Oh Ammon, why are you eating dirt? You look way to cute and happy for me to even get mad.

A little cousin love

One of the many camp amenities


Such a hiker, well at least for the first 10 minutes, good thing Dave was there to carry him

Beautiful Idaho landscape. I never knew Idaho could be so green and peaceful. For some reason I always picture the long, dry, view along so many of Idaho's freeways when thinking of Idaho landscapes, but this was much different. So relaxing.

Josh and Dave at our very own stick-horse rodeo

And if your going to Idaho you have to stop by BYU-I, especially if that is the place you meet and fell in love with your wonderful husband. This is our pathetic attempt to take a family picture at BYU-I, notice Dave didn't even make it in and the kids don't want to be taking a picture, oh well.

We had a great Mattson Family Reunion (my mom's family) up at a girl's camp just a few miles outside of Yellowstone Park. It was beautiful, and a lot of fun to see cousins and relatives. Josh came home with 75 mosquito bites, ouch, but luckily no bear bites. I was really starting to get nervous about the bears after hearing a few Yellowstone bear stories but we got away with our even a sitting. We enjoyed rafting and hiking and did I mention how pretty it was, it really blew me away to see the Tetons in the distance and all the pretty rivers and hills. What a place.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Is that in the Manwaring Center? I need to make a trip back up there and go to the temple.
What a fun vacation--we're glad to have you back.

M&EMS said...

You are makimg me homesick! Oh how I miss the color green! Do you have any more pictures from Yellowstone?

Becca said...

You're right, it's so beautiful up there! That picture of the landscape could be some postcard. I also love your "family picture" at BYU-I, it can't get any more realistic than that. What a fun vacation!

Sara said...

We're going to Yellowstone in just a couple weeks. I am so excited!