Tuesday, August 19, 2008

worried?

After we dropped Joshua off at his first day of preschool my little buddy and I ran a few unnecessary errands. We stopped by KOHL'S to return something and Ammon says,"Look Mom, BYU (any big, bold, white letters say BYU I guess) and a punc-chu-a-shun." I just started laughing and didn't know if I should be impressed that he knew the word 'punctuation', or concerned that he's watching too many Leap Frog movies. Or maybe I should just be dissapointed that he generically called it 'punctuation' and didn't call it by its proper name, an 'apostraphe'. Really I was just surprised and couldn't help but laugh and make him say it over and over again.

Which reminds me of how much I really do love those Leap Frog movies. I had been working with Josh to learn his letter sounds when my sister-in-law clued me in on these movies. I got one and Josh learned all is alphabet sounds in a week. So much for me trying to help him, the TV did it much better then I could have. Apparently they work for two year olds too who don't yet know all their grammar terminology. Anyway, Costco sells them for $6.99 right now, quite a steal.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Thank you for cluing me in. I will have to invest in these movies! And the story...priceless!

Sara said...

You gave this to Mason for his birthday and we LOVE it! He also learned his sounds this way and I love that he now recognizes all his letters! Didn't matter that I was trying to do it. I guess he just needed some songs and frogs to tell him instead! I want to get some more so I'll check out Costco!

Heidi said...

This is exactly what I want to get Megan for Christmas, but I can't find them anywhere around here. I'm going to have to order them online. Bummer! Thanks for reminding me about them, though. I had forgotten!

Which other ones are good?