Wednesday, September 3, 2008

FHE fun

My friend Melissa did this with her kids for FHE awhile ago and I've been wanting to do it for months, but just am too lame to remember to buy toothpicks at the store. Finally, I did it, and it was a lot of fun for all of us. Thanks for the idea Miss! We handed out a few awards...
Ammon got the, "Mass Production" award. He cranked out these little 'hammers' like crazy, it was so cute, that's all he would build.

Josh got the, "I can't wipe this smile off my face" award.

Dave got the, "Amazing New Technology" award.

I got the, "I don't know what I'm building" award.

And Dave got another award, the prestigous "I built something that actually looks like something" award.


9 comments:

Roberts Family said...

P.H. this is F.R. here!! I need to see a better picture of your hair to make a true judgement!! Nice Las Vegas shirt Dave!

Julie said...

Hey long lost friend. Sounds like you had a fun summer. I love your haircut! We need to get together soon.

Becca said...

what a cute idea! Dave's little man has some major thighs, he must work out. Good job on a creative FHE activity!

Heather said...

You are such a fun and creative mom!

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! Did your boys end p eating fistfuls of marshmallows like my kids always do? I think that's why they like this activity so much. I'm excited to get together!

Sara said...

great idea! I wonder if my kids would actually build anything or just stuff their mouths?!

The Webbs said...

How fun! We'll have to give it a try. I wonder if my kids would use the toothpicks as weapons. . .gotta love boys! Dave was hilarious last night, is he always that funny? :)

Jamie said...

HI! You've got to be one of the funnest and patient moms around!!! I just published our blog. You can find it at www.themannings5.blogspot.com

Jill said...

I might just have to use this idea. Seth would love it. Congrats on your award!