Momma being introduced The new Bragonje Family


Ammon trying to play with the baby & Lincoln not wanting to go for his first car ride


Lincoln ruining the picture I was about to take of him after his first bath & The family playing dominoes
Let me introduce you to our beautiful new baby. We couldn't be happier to have little Lincoln join our family. The boys can't get enough of him, and I know they were very surprised to see how little he is. Ammon keeps telling me to put him down so he can walk. I often find Joshua singing little songs to Lincoln and when he holds him he likes to take off all his clothes (I usually don't let him do this) and inspect his tiny little body. Josh loves to pry open his eyes or mouth to get a better look at this tiny little baby.
As for what and who this little boy looks like...he reminds me of two people a lot. Joshua and my little brother Jon. In fact when I first saw Lincoln I kept saying, "He looks just like Josh. He looks just like Josh...". I was so surprised for some reason. He was 7 lbs. 8oz., and 21 inches. He has just a little bit of wispy light brown/platinum hair. He has big hands and especially big feet. His little eyelashes and eyebrows are just barely growing in. And I think he is just cute, cute.
Labor went pretty well, which is easy to say know that it is behind me. I'm just glad I don't have to do that again for a long time. Since I was four days over due I was induced and the morning we woke up to go to the hospital I was a bit nervous knowing what was ahead of me. They got the pitocin inside me around 7:30 am, broke my water at 10:00 (which was when all the real pain began) and Lincoln was born at 11:07 am. I'm so glad it was quick. I had forgotten how bad you get the 'shakes' after delivery and was surprised that my whole body was shaking out of control. Dave and I kind of looked at each other like, "what's going on?", and everyone around us was just going about their busy business like it wasn't a big deal at all. A nurse put I warm blanket on me and the shakes/convulsions stopped instantly. They said it's normal and just the hormones doing their thing. I felt really good the rest of the day, which I contribute to the great painkillers they give you, and was excited to get my IV out and start being with my new baby. The night before I was to check out I did have my blood pressure sky rocket for some reason and they decided they needed to put back in my IV and put me on Magnesium. I had been put on magnesium after both my other deliveries but never did I realize how groggy, and yucky it makes you feel. The doctor was kind enough to just let me go home the next night and take it easy, and I've been fine.
Labor went pretty well, which is easy to say know that it is behind me. I'm just glad I don't have to do that again for a long time. Since I was four days over due I was induced and the morning we woke up to go to the hospital I was a bit nervous knowing what was ahead of me. They got the pitocin inside me around 7:30 am, broke my water at 10:00 (which was when all the real pain began) and Lincoln was born at 11:07 am. I'm so glad it was quick. I had forgotten how bad you get the 'shakes' after delivery and was surprised that my whole body was shaking out of control. Dave and I kind of looked at each other like, "what's going on?", and everyone around us was just going about their busy business like it wasn't a big deal at all. A nurse put I warm blanket on me and the shakes/convulsions stopped instantly. They said it's normal and just the hormones doing their thing. I felt really good the rest of the day, which I contribute to the great painkillers they give you, and was excited to get my IV out and start being with my new baby. The night before I was to check out I did have my blood pressure sky rocket for some reason and they decided they needed to put back in my IV and put me on Magnesium. I had been put on magnesium after both my other deliveries but never did I realize how groggy, and yucky it makes you feel. The doctor was kind enough to just let me go home the next night and take it easy, and I've been fine.
It felt so good that night to get back to my own home with my own family and put on my own clothes and sink into my own bed and sleep, and not be 9months pregnant anymore. That was heaven. On Saturday morning I woke up to a cozy house (with the heat on, Dave thought it might be good for the baby) and to pouring rain outside. It's fun to have my three boys. I just wondering how this baby schedule is going to affect the two big boys and how their schedule is going to affect the baby.
All in all, I would have to say that this has been the healthiest, best pregnancy/delivery and baby, which makes things a lot easier. I did just get back from the doctor today. I had been dizzy all night and morning and when I woke up with bad leg cramps this morning I called the nurse to see if they were related or anything to be worried about. It turns out the ear infection I had for the last two weeks either ruptured my ear drum or moved to my middle ear giving my vertigo. I'm not sure how long it will last but for now my world spins around me every time I move my head. The dizziness I can deal with, at least it's not real painful, or I don't have to start some prescriptions to fix it. We'll just see how long it lasts.
Thanks to all you friends and family. You've made have this baby a lot of fun with all your care and support!
All in all, I would have to say that this has been the healthiest, best pregnancy/delivery and baby, which makes things a lot easier. I did just get back from the doctor today. I had been dizzy all night and morning and when I woke up with bad leg cramps this morning I called the nurse to see if they were related or anything to be worried about. It turns out the ear infection I had for the last two weeks either ruptured my ear drum or moved to my middle ear giving my vertigo. I'm not sure how long it will last but for now my world spins around me every time I move my head. The dizziness I can deal with, at least it's not real painful, or I don't have to start some prescriptions to fix it. We'll just see how long it lasts.
Thanks to all you friends and family. You've made have this baby a lot of fun with all your care and support!


21 comments:
It is the hairline that makes him look like Jon, but he does look a lot like josh as well. It is so fun to see pictures of little Lincoln!! We are excited to see you guys in July!!
Lincoln is positivley wonderful. I love the family photo with all 5 of you - what a great looking bunch. We can hardly wait to meet Lincoln in June, and see the rest of you again, too.
He totally looks like Josh and Jon! I think the little mouth looks like Jon too! It looks like Lincoln is really contributing to that Dominoes game! Can't wait to meet the little guy!!!!!
He is so handsome! I'm sorry about the vertigo and not feeling good. Poor thing.
You have a beautiful family--and you are a wonderful mother.
Lincoln just doesn't know how lucky he is to come to the Bragonje family. He has Wonder-Mother, Devious (in all good things) Dad and fun, fun brothers to keep him wildly entertained. So, I say to him, "Good job on picking your family. Had you picked the family a few houses to the South, you wouldn't be quite as lucky....no Wonder-Mother here!" :) Congrats everyon!! And, Angela, well done, well done.
Congratulations! I am so excited for all of you. He is so handsome and we're all so excited to get to meet him. Way to go Angela! And, by the way, you should never look that good post-delivery. It makes the rest of us look bad.
YAY!!!!! I am SO glad little Lincoln is here! You are a trooper--four days overdue! I'm glad things went pretty well with the labor and delivery. Did you not get an epidural? I hope your vertigo thing has stopped. That sounds miserable! I know what you are saying about the shaking thing post delivery. That freaked me out too. I guess it's normal though. I'm SO happy for you. We'll have to come visit soon. Take care!
Congrats! He is so adorable, he looks just like a little man! I hope you guys are doing well. How fun to have three little biys! Congrats!
YaY!! Congrats Ang - I was so happy to see that all went so well and you have another beautiful little boy! Sounds like he has some adoring big brothers. I hope that you start to feel better soon. Great job and I can't wait to meet Lincoln! love, Julie
Congratulations! I really like the name Lincoln. Your boys are so cute. Boys are so much fun and you really do look amazing in your hospital pics. Tell Dave hi.
Oh that was Chrystal by the way. I can never remember my sign in or Daves sign in. OOOpps!
It was so great to be able to see you guys. I miss you already, and am anxious to see you!
What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! Hope everything is relaxing a little! I can't believe it has been over a week! Time flies! Can't wait to have you out for our afternoon talks again!
Congratulations! He's beautiful. Four days late? I'm so glad you're done! Those last four days must have been miserable. It looks like he's worth it. I hope you feel better soon.
I'm so happy everything went well and he finally arrived! The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was, "He looks just like Josh!" So cute. Seth was looking with me and I asked him if he remembers Josh and he said yes and wanted to know if we could go to your house. :)
I'm so happy for you guys and hope your recovery goes well.
gorgeous boy...and look how beautiful you are! i never quite looked like that after childbirth :)
Angela he is sooo adoreable. But of course you guys make some cute kids. I just hope they all dance as good as Dave.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I am so glad that things went well for you! What a cute family you have! Good luck with all of the new changes! Love ya
Congratulations! He is adorable! Glad to hear your labor went well. Three boys, that will be fun! Please let me know if you need anything! Luv ya!
Congrats Angela! He is a real cutie :)
Glad to hear everything went well. You have such a cute little family!
Hey Ang! We need to come visit you and Lincoln soon! I am so excited to see this little guy. I've been thinking about you a lot. We've been out of town and sick or we would have gotten there earlier! I'll call you soon.
Post a Comment