"... S.I.M.P. squirrels in my pants." -Phineas and Ferb
You know, that cartoon that kids love and adults think is funny. I actually haven't seen it either, but they seemed to have lots of good kids dance songs on itunes. You can't imagine how excited I was when Josh told me he wanted to 'dance' for his kindergarten's class talent show. I could just picture us all in 20 years sitting down to watch Josh's old kindergarten dance video and just dieing with laughter. This boy did not disappoint. He loves to dance. We like to turn on music and dance around, and it's especially fun lately because Lincoln loves to bop along too.
Sometimes Josh will say, "Mom, I don't want to go play with friends I just want to stay here and keep dancing."
The morning of the talent show while still at home Ammon had asked me if he could watch TV and I told him that we weren't going to watch TV. Josh comes and tells me, "Mom, I don't want to watch TV because I don't want my brain to turn to mush before the talent show." Later I was having him practice and asked him if he was going to throw his hat off during the dance (which he likes to do sometimes) and he said, "I don't know mom, I'll just know when I get there. "
When we were talking about what he should wear he said, "I want big jeans, you know with a belt, so they can just flap around." I tried not laugh too much, and just wondered where he is getting this stuff. (I'm guessing it's from the PBS show, 'Electric Company', that he will watch sometimes)
I told him we didn't have any big jeans so he decided on a plain white t-shirt, brown shorts, baseball hat, and sunglasses.
I tried to upload the video, but can't find the right cord so you only have these pictures to enjoy.
Getting ready:
He came up with this position to begin:
Feelin' it:
I could tell by his smile and laugh he was loving the attention:
Afterward I asked him if he was nervous at all and he said, "No mom, I just looked at you the whole time and I wasn't scared."
And yes, he totally gets this from his Dad.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
"Boy what's making you dance like that..."
at
10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You HAVE to upload that video! The pictures already have me shaking with laughter. What fine young men you're raising!
That is AWESOME! What a little stud. He does get that from his dad.
I agree, I totally want to see the video. I especially love the starting position.
Find that cord, we need to see the video!! I am so proud of him. That is great that he feels confident enough to do that!! We love JOSH!!
I feel so grateful I was able to see one of his practice runs. The pictures had me laughing though and I can't wait to see the video. His beginning pose is absolutely priceless! We love Josh and love Dave for his positive dancing influence on his son.
Looks like he threw the hat! I did enjoy, Angela, and hope you get to put the whole video on sometime. To answer the obvious question, David has it but we don't know where he got it from.
I've got to see this video! The pictures alone are hilarious! I think it's so cute he did this:) and I have to mention that I've seen you dance many a time, ang, and I think josh s mom is his secret weapon.
Post a Comment