Every morning Dave comes down stairs and says, "Who can carry my lunch out for me?" This is Ammon's cue to jump up and carry out his Dad's lunch and follow him outside. By now Lincoln is waving furiously at his Dad to tell him goodbye for the day and trying to get out of his highchair so he can follow everyone out to push out Dad's car. Ammon always gives David the Wall Street Journal newspaper and then positions himself in front of the car to help send Dave off to work. This tradition started 25 years ago when I would run outside to wave goodbye to my Dad. I remember foggy mornings running outside and kneeling down to inhale in the exhaust from his car. Of course my parents would yell at me to stop and to never do that again, and then I would then push my Dad's car out the driveway.
The boys keep up the tradition, except I will never tell them that I use to smell the exhaust (I already know Josh is like me and likes those synthetic smells). We love our Dad. I'm so glad he does this each day so I can stay home with our bears.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I had no idea you inhaled the exhaust!!! That explains a lot!!! :)
That is so fun! I bet your kids love doing that routine and will remember it too.
I remember calling you in when I was on dishes and smelling the detergent together, but I don't think I ever joined you in smelling the exhaust.
Post a Comment