


We celebrated my favorite day of the year this week, Dave's Birthday! He's 28. Is that old yet? I still don't feel that old...so maybe i'm more out of touch then I realize and I'm old and out of it. It was on Sunday and Dave had an early meeting so when he got home we opened gifts. Josh had wrapped up a bunch of his own toys to give to Dave, but they were thoughtful like a toy wrench (because Dave likes tools), or a toy car (because Dave likes cars), etc...my favorite part was watching Josh wrap the presents. I would give him a piece of wrapping paper and he would put the toy in the middle of the paper and start wrinkling, not folding, the paper all around it; and then all the tape he used, it never seemed to connect two pieces of paper together. He was so excited. Dave opened presents and we were cleaning up and Josh gave me back his toys, "Here are all my toys mom." And I said, "No Josh, those are Daddy's toys now because you gave them to him." He just stared at me with a blank face wondering what he had done. Family came over for dinner and we had fun celebrating my favorite person. Thanks for the fun books Sharon, i started the one about the man who literally follows the Bible and it's pretty good so far, well written.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
My favorite Birthday!
at
8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Dave! We hope you have a great year filled with love, laughter and it could never hurt anyone...money!
Happy birthday, son. You sure are handsome still. You sure married well. And Angela, 28 isn't old so don't worry. Of course, coming from me that might not be so reassuring.
Post a Comment