Saturday, March 15, 2008

Year of the Free Babysitting

Lately we've had lots of offers to babysit our kids by family who lives close by, and I don't think we've every passed anyone up on an offer. My dad has been out of town for the week and my mom has babysat her grandkids for one thing or another almost every day this week. If she's not babysitting she's helping my sister (who doesn't have kids yet) in her classroom at school. Needless to say she helps out her daughters a lot, thanks mom! Last night she watched our kids and we went out :) It was kind of last minute so we hadn't made plans. My date idea was to put on walking shoes and walk around neighborhoods with old house and just look at them and take pictures. Still a little cold for that idea. I looked up BYU's website, searched for their calender and was surprised at all the activities going on. The had:
-a couple different comedy shows
-a tour of one of the smaller museums, make your own pottery, and refreshments date ($10!)
-a cool "Hunger Awareness Dinner", you pay $16 at the door and they randomly assign you to sit in a high, middle or low income area and provide a meal corresponding to their assigned income class. Entertainment included.
-salsa dancing
-And the Museum of Art was offering a cool film series about the Victorian era (corresponding with their current art exhibit) were they give you all kinds of background and facts about a certain film and then you watch it

I was so impressed with BYU, they really make it easy to go on a date. We had decided to go to one of the comedy shows, because it started the latest, but then Dave remembered his brother, who is in a band, was playing at a small venue in downtown Provo. We went to that instead and had a lot of fun. His bro plays the bass guitar, and is really good. My favorite part was when everybody was dancing close to the stage and Dave just stood right in front of Michaels face and stared. It was also fun watching Dave wear the medium sized band shirt I bought. Fun, fun. We will just enjoy this free babysitting for as long as we can.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fun! There is an improv show at the new Covey Center for the Arts on Thursday nights that I want to get to. Wanna join us?

Melissa said...

I love your mom and I am so glad your parents live closer. It's so great for kids to know their grandparents.