Monday, April 14, 2008

New Job :)


First day on the new job. Dave is Far West Bank's newest credit analyst. He will be working in Payson, 45 minutes away, temporarily. Within the next year or so he will move into a loan officer position somewhere along the Wasatch front (probably close by). I think he will really like this job. I'm grateful that we've always been blessed with good employment, even the job that Dave is recently leaving has been great in a lot of ways. I know he's picked up a lot of good skills I'm just glad that we feel like we've finally 'landed' with a job that has good potential and is interesting to Dave. So onto a new schedule, new commute, new workplace wardrobe...let me talk about that one for a second. Dave is to wear dressier clothes, i.e. slacks, dress shirts, etc...a change from his khakis and button up shirts. We went shopping to find some more clothes for him and it was... not fun. He kind of has a hard size to find (being so tall), his shirts have to have buttons to keep the collar down, it has to be on sale (I agree), and he only wanted blue shirts and gray pants. He said that he only likes blue shirt and on the days that he doesn't wear blue he is not as happy (the funny thing is that I kind of know what he means). We just couldn't find much, and my patience was getting shorter with each new requirement and we gave up for the night. By the next day I was over the frustration and he admitted that he did want to wear other colors. I suggested we try the Nordstrom Rack, turned out to be a goldmine. He found a lot of pants and a shirt. I spent my time in the shoe area, I haven't had so much fun looking at shoes in a long time. Anyway, the boy is ready for his new job. Congrats Dave, you look great.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad he's decided that other shirt colors bring happiness too. What a revelation!
Good luck, Dave!

M&EMS said...

Congrats on the new job! Hey, next time try JCPenneys, they have nice stuff for really tall dudes, they can have great sales, and you can cheat by looking online. My brother is 6'5", and I know what you mean about hard to fit.

Lewis News said...

One of my best high school friends dad is the one who started far west bank. It used to be two tiny offices and has grown over the years. We LOVE Far West Bank!! Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the new job! Yes, tall people do have trouble finding clothes. I always have to order my jeans online, just so they are long enough. How sad is that

allisonlaurel said...

I didn't know y'all lived in Utah! How fun! Congrats on the new job, Dave! It's weird that you are a grown-up!

Sara said...

Hmmm, I have the opposite problem finding clothes, especially shoes, for Chad.

Anyways... Congrats on the new job! That is great.

JJ said...

Congratulations on the new job! I understand the difficulty in finding clothes but for the opposite reason -- I have to get everything hemmed because my legs are about a foot long.

I love buying new dress clothes for my husband. He doesn't get as excited about it.

Melissa said...

Greg and I were just talking about how much we really don't like to shop for him. It is hard to find nice things for a decent price. We've never tried the NR. We will ahve to go there. Also, thanks so much for showing Jake such a great time on Saturday. He has LOVED his new cape and has been talking about the party ever sinse. You really went all out!

Jake said...

Congrats on the new job. I think Sandy would say I wear a ton of blue too. Maybe it has something to do with missing the ocean....