

These pictures were taken of Ammon on a good day, i.e. not today. I love to take pictures of Ammon when he wakes up because he is so sweet and happy (these pictures were taken awhile ago). Today he had been taking a great nap and I was starting to miss him so I got this crazy idea that I should go upstairs and wake him up nicely so I could hold him. Wow, I think that was the dumbest idea I have ever had. I woke him up slowly and he starts make this snarly cries and when he finally gets up he is just angry. I try to rock him and sing to him, read to him, offer him a bottle...he doesn't want anything. I finally bring him downstairs and try to turn on a favorite show (this has always helped me in the past with cranky, waking up babies) and he is happy for a minute and then starts yelling, "No!", "No!", "No!", "No!"...at me. What did I do? Okay, I woke him up early but I had the good intentions of spending some quality time with my baby. Luckily he stopped after a show and some snacks but he never did quite recover until after dinner. Oh dinner, I decided to make his favorite, pancakes. He was so happy that he was frantically trying to get out everything for me (griddle, pancake turner...) as I was making them he started screaming and crying while he was holding his arm. I thought he had burned his arm, or something terrible had bitten him by the way he was screaming. I try to ask him what is wrong and he just screams, "PANCAKES!". His arm was fine, he just needed his pancakes. I have never seen a baby so mad at his mama.
He really is such a great baby, I just will never make the mistake of waking him up early so I can hold him unless I'm prepared for an afternoon of tantrums.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Nice try Mom
at
10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I couldn't even tell you were having one of those days! If my kids ever took a nap I would wake them up too because it would be so unlike them!
I have been baffled by the term "mother's intuition" since becoming a mother. I've discovered it isn't always right or even there sometimes :)
They always look so sweet and peacful when they are sleeping and you never know if they'll be waking up as a sleeping giant or your little angel. I love that you just wanted to hold him.
Cute story!
You crack me up! I'm glad that you have learned your lesson. NEVER mess with a sleeping child, unless you want to pay for it later. You are cute for wanting "baby" time.
Too funny! You never can predict with these little ones huh?
I'm glad you guys have a blog- it's a great way to keep in contact with people. Your boys are adorable!
Post a Comment