Congrats to Michael and Sarah, they are married! Dave's little brother recently got married in the beautiful Sacramento Temple. It was a great day, peaceful and happy. The temple is a up on a hill surrounded by a grove of trees and it is quiet and relaxing. I'm sure I enjoyed the peacefulness of it so much because we weren't chasing our two cute little boys. We left them home with Aunt Suzy and Marmie and Dave and I took off for the weekend. It's sad, but we've only done that one other time in our married 5 years and so you know how much we were loving the time alone together. Below is all of David's great family, minus our two boys (we did feel a little bad about not bringing the boys to the family get together). And below is also David and I pretending to be at Junior Prom.
Our camera batteries died shortly after talking these pics, which meant no pictures of the reception or our day in one of my favorite cities, San Francisco. rrrrrrrrr. Oh well, we got some really nice pictures on David's camera phone. Senior Ball anyone?
The city really was oh so breathtaking. It was a perfect foggy day, just what I was hoping for. My main goal was to just go to the city and soak it all up, I didn't care what we did, I just wanted to breath it all in. Mission accomplished. Well I did have a few other secret goals: eat clam chowder on the wharf and hit Ghirdelie's for an ice cream sundae. By lunch time we were pretty hungry and looking for a good place to eat and all of a sudden Dave gets this great idea to just eat little appetizers at any interesting restaurant we saw and just snack all day. I gave in and we ended up eating everything from sushi, to sourdough, and even bought a fresh crab off the pier. It makes me a little sick to think of all that too, but it was fun at the time. We drove through the presidio and walked around the Palace of Fine Arts. We took the trolley from Fishermans' Wharf to Union Square with the intent to ride back on it too but we ended up just walking all the back, which we both loved. We went in to the fancy hotels we passed, tried to see Grace Cathedral but something expensive and private was going on inside, and just enjoyed walking around the city. We went into the trolley museum, which was actually really cool. It is the central station where all the cables from all the cable lines run to and are powered by these big machines that keep all the cables moving underground around town. You can go down underneath the street level and observe it all, Dave really liked this.

It's super frustrating that we don't have more picutres. One of my goals is to collect paintings of all the places I've lived and put them up in my house. The one I want of California is of the dry, golden rolling hills, with random shady green trees on it. I don't know why this is so peaceful to me, I guess it's just familiar. We drove across the Golden Gate and it's so neat to be up so high and look out one side and see the endless ocean and the cityand the bay out the other way. We got to spend some fun time with Diana and Ryan who just moved to the Bay Area, be their first house guests and see their place. So do we go back for the 10 year high school reunion? I'm leaning towards no, but would love the excuss to go back for another quick weekend.




4 comments:
Yes, you go back for the High School Reunion, especially if you have a free place to stay!!
Ya, Shauna did it, I remember that. . .and you always have a free place to stay!!! Maybe this time we can hang out more then having you guys pay for 2 meals for us! Thanks by the way. Come out again!!!!!
Angela, I finally remembered the right password and have loved getting back into your blog. It's great. I love seeing the pictures of you and David and the boys. You have a great blog.
Love,
Florida Grandma
You cut your hair!! Way cute.
Post a Comment